[Openmcl-devel] The M1 port and the future of CCL

Adlai munchking at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 22:52:35 PST 2024

On 11/24/23, J Klein <jetmonk at gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree with Robert that ECL and ABCL are too sluggish to be practical
> replacements for CCL or SBCL.   I had to port a scheduling program from ABCL
> to SBCL for this reason.
>
> [...]

I believe only SBCL and CCL have ANSI-compliant CLOS implementations,
and the other compilers actually require one of the completion
libraries [e.g. c2mop] for various edge cases... for example, ECL does
not support the full method combination facility. I have no idea how
things are with ABCL although I'd be surprised to learn that they have
as good a CLOS as the two champions.