[Openmcl-devel] Announcing ASDF 3.3.7 Release

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Sun Jan 28 16:43:34 PST 2024

Today we release ASDF 3.3.7, "Robbie Burns Night 2024 (belated)," the
seventh bugfix release for the 3.3 release series.  I had hoped that
this would be the last bugfix release, but "the best laid schemes o'
Mice an' Men Gang aft agley."

We urge implementations that are currently bundling previous versions of
ASDF to upgrade to 3.3.7 at their earliest convenience.  This is
particularly true for Allegro and SBCL.  A primary purpose of the 3.3.7
was to give compatibility with Allegro 11.0. There is also a fix for
multi-threaded vs. single-threaded FASLs that should be very useful to
SBCL users.

As maintainer, my primary role continues to be coordination and some
limited quality control.  Many contributors and bug-reporters have made
this possible and the Common Lisp community owes them a vote of thanks.
Their names are listed on the Changelog, appended below. The Changelog
is in Debian format, for historical reasons: we used to release a Debian
package, but have lost that capability (if you would like to volunteer
to do this, please contact me directly or on the ASDF-devel mailing
list).

Hope springs eternal that the next release will be 3.4, that will
introduce new functionality but, as its numbering suggests, will be
backward compatible.

Best,
Robert

cl-asdf (2:3.3.7-1) unstable; urgency=low
* Fix bugs in UIOP:WITH-TEMPORARY-FILE, #142.
* Fix bug in (SETF UIOP:GETENV).  H/T to Michaël Le Barbier, #146.
* Remember whether or not an SBCL build is single- or multi-threaded,
	since the two give incompatible FASLs. H/T to Philipp Marek, #143.
* Remove unused UIOP:WITH-OPTIMIZATION-SETTINGS. This macro was never
	used, nor was its coding finished and debugged. H/T Yehouda
	Harpaz. #148.
* Fix a number of issues with Allegro 11 compatibility.  Many thanks to
	Duane Rettig and Kevin Layer. #152, #141
* Fix DEFPACKAGE code-walker for PACKAGE-INFERRED-SYSTEMs. Thanks to
	Alexander Fedorov. #147.
* Thanks to Alexander Fedorov for assistance with the CI infrastructure.
* Thanks to François-René Rideau for assistance in understanding past
	versions of ASDF and with miscellaneous repairs.
-- Robert P. Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.net> Sun Jan 28 11:06:39 CST 2024