[Openmcl-devel] forthcoming release

Chun Tian (binghe) binghe.lisp at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 17:51:11 PDT 2024

Hi R. Matthew Emerson,

Thank you very much for maintaining the 32-bit Solaris x86 port.

On Solaris x86, it seems that there's a tradition to use 32-bit executions
for small utility purposes (they consumes less memory, e.g.) or situations
where large memory is not needed, while 64-bit executions were reserved for
server applications. In rare cases, some legacy libraries only provide
32-bit versions. Therefore both 32-bit and 64-bit CCL are useful there.

P. S. Thanks again for your usocket patch and your work on Clozure CL.

--Chun