[Openmcl-devel] [info-mcl] LISP status

Raffael Cavallaro raffaelcavallaro at mac.com
Thu Jan 17 06:00:34 PST 2008

On Jan 17, 2008, at 2:03 AM, Brent Fulgham wrote:

> I was wondering if you'd had any luck running the OAE?  I was just
> corresponding with Alexander, who pointed out that the standard
> Clozure CL distribution is missing several CDB binding databases.  I
> can forward these to you if you don't want to be troubled building
> them yourself.

I built them from Gary Byers' instructions a couple of months ago.
Just to be sure I rebuilt them now.

> This hasn't got much testing outside of my own workspace, so I'd
> appreciate hearing if it works (or does not) for you!

The basic tests in test.lisp work, but when I try to compile and load
more-tests.lisp I get a spinning cursor and something like this -
"something" because I cannot use copy and paste at this point in CCL:

moretests.lisp" ...
 > Error: value NIL is not of expected type MACPTR.
 > While executing: AGLUSEFONT, in process Listener(181).
 > Type :POP to abort, :R for a list of available restarts.
 > Type :? for other options.
1 >

Unfortunately, I cannot list the restarts or provide a backtrace at
this point for the same reason copy/paste don't work - caught in a spin.

regards,

Ralph

Raffael Cavallaro, Ph.D.
raffaelcavallaro at mac.com