[Openmcl-devel] 0.13.x vs. 0.14.x

Raffael Cavallaro raffaelcavallaro at mac.com
Sun Jan 4 12:28:26 PST 2004

On Jan 4, 2004, at 3:06 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:

> We have no dual processor hardware in our office to do testing, only
> the production machines in colocation. Has anybody used OpenMCL 0.14.x
> with its native multi threading on a dual processor mac ? Is there a
> remote possibility that a native multi threading openmcl executing a
> multi threading application monopolizes the machine ?

If you send me some simple test code that you feel exercises the native
multi threading appropriately, I would be happy to test it for you on a
dual processor machine.

> Has anyone used OpenMCL 0.14.x in a production environment ?

I have not used OpenMCL 0.14 in a production environment. I've actually
been awaiting the release of your and Nicky Peter's kpax framework in
order to begin down this road.

warmest regards,

Raf

Raffael Cavallaro, Ph.D.