[Openmcl-devel] Emacs: local variables list contains values that may not be safe

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Wed Dec 12 18:40:26 PST 2007

See also

<http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/File-Variables.html>

A lot of OpenMCL source files try to specify the file's/buffer's package
(for the benefit of Emacs ...) via an attribute line:

;;;-*-Mode: LISP; Package: CCL -*-

In parsing this, some versions of Emacs apparently don't know that
setting a buffer-local Package variable is harmless.  (Setting some
other buffer-local variables - especially those related to Emacs
search paths - might enable security exploits and apparently has
in the past.)

See <http://secunia.com/advisories/27508/>