[Openmcl-devel] CCL on GitHub

Chris Hanson cmhanson at eschatologist.net
Sun Feb 12 15:59:37 PST 2017

On Feb 12, 2017, at 1:08 PM, R. Matthew Emerson <rme at clozure.com> wrote:

> On the other hand, I have not figured out a way to do a similar thing with lisp-kernel/darwinx8632/Makefile.  It therefore requires that the command-line tools be installed.  You can use "xcode-select --install" to do this.  The seemingly weird "no <sys/signal.h>" error is a symptom of this.

The problem here appears to be that lisp-kernel/darwinx8632/Makefile is specifying “-isysroot /” which means “look for everything in /.” You shouldn’t specify an -isysroot at all when building for the host system, it shouldn’t be needed.

In fact, even when building for iOS (or another operating system) these days you shouldn’t need to specify an -isysroot with the Xcode tools. Instead you should be able to just invoke the compiler using “xcrun -sdk iphoneos clang” instead of just “clang” to invoke the compiler, and the compiler will be passed the correct -isysroot automatically.

The full set of changes I needed to successfully build on the latest macOS with the latest Xcode were:

- Remove the entire SDKROOT=/ line
- Remove the use of -isysroot $(SDKROOT) from commands
- Change OSEARLYLIBS from -lcrt1.o to -lcrt0.o

That was sufficient for me to run ./dx86cl --no-init --eval '(ccl:rebuild-ccl :full t)' and then start the built dx86cl with QuickLisp installed.

  -- Chris