[Openmcl-devel] M1 port: Call for funding

Tim Bradshaw tfb at tfeb.org
Mon Jan 1 09:51:33 PST 2024

On 31 Dec 2023, at 19:38, Ron Garret <ron at flownet.com> wrote:

> That sounds like a great idea.  Probably the best way to do that would be to go to the git repo and find the last time a change was made that required this bootstrapping process.  Does anyone happen to recall when that was?  Even better, does anyone know how to find the actual commit(s)?

For X8664 the last commit that touched .../ccl/compiler/X86/X8664/x8664-arch.lisp was a3c8a72c, which says

    Bump fasl and image versions for x86 and x86-64.

    New binaries to follow.

And is probably in the region of the right one therefore.

I have a script which will rebuild both kernel and then heap for ccl.  But it's doing this based on an existing heap, of course.  However I'm not sure it will deal with fasl versions changing.  I can persuade it to build something with bumped versions but I'm not sure I'm doing it the right way.

If it's interesting to anyone I could have a look at the script to see what it does now (and what it did long ago when it was more complicated) and perhaps try and clean it up to make it usable.

--tim