[Openmcl-devel] ccl user manual

R. Matthew Emerson rme at clozure.com
Fri Jun 21 18:20:22 PDT 2024

I’ve been doing some work on the CCL user manual.  The updated version may be found at https://ccl.clozure.com/docs/ccl.html.

I updated the HTML formatting by making a few tweaks to the CCLDoc HTML renderer, and I also borrowed a bunch of CSS from https://ziglang.org/documentation/master/.

The sources for the manual are part of the CCL repository.  The user manual is in ccl:doc;manual; and I just added a basic Makefile so that it’s a little easier to format it.

To run the Makefile, edit it so that the CCLDOC_ROOT variable points to your local checkout of CCLDoc.

The stylesheet used by the manual is at ccl:doc;manual;style.css, and I’d happily take patches or pull requests from those who are better at web stuff than I am.  Of course, I’ll also happily take pull requests for other aspects of the manual as well.

It would be cool to have a GitHub workflow that would notice when anything in ccl:doc;manual; got updated and automatically build and update the version of the manual that’s at https://ccl.clozure.com/docs/ccl.html.