[Openmcl-devel] Is Clozure CL still being worked on?

Toomas Altosaar toomas.altosaar at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 08:53:08 PDT 2021

Ron, Paul!

I understand well the problem of chasing a moving target. I stopped running in 2007 or so.

I’m still using MCL 5.1b4 on PPC hardware for development work. Last year I bought 5 working single and dual G5 machines (not liquid cooled) for about 3% of their initial price.

I’m hoping that the show stopper for this ridiculous situation will be at the latest in 2037 when the hardware won’t work anymore due to some time overflow issue. It will also be way past my bedtime then. :)

Toomas